Fishing is still excellent. The guides are catching 75 to 100 plus fish per day. We have had a couple hitches this week on the numbers side because of weather instability. But on a side note, in all the trips we have had, we only have one group that did not get their limit. (1 short in a 30 + mph wind). It has been an awesome season. It is great to be a guide at Allen's and know if you need some advice their are many other guides their to help you and your customers catch fish and a limit. What a guide family we have here at Allen's.

We are still doing most of our fishing on Sharpe. Francis Case has also been good with limits coming in from the Crow Creek area. very good white bass fishing in the fast water at the dam. Also some limits being brought in there. Smallmouth bass fishing has slowed a little. With good numbers if you spend the day at it.

Here is my report for the week.

Starting Thursday June 7th.
I had a group out from a 3 state region. South Dakota, MN, and Iowa. With one gentleman from Evansville, IN. We had a 4 boat afternoon group. All 4 boats were filled out in less than 2 hours. We figured between the 4 boats we caught between 350 and 400 fish. Not bad for an afternoon.

Friday I had a group out from New London, IA and Bronson, Mo. This group has been out for 6 years. We caught 80 fish. Also had an excellent afternoon fishing smallmouth bass.

Sat and Sunday I had a group out from Owatanna, MN. This group has been with me for 9 years. On day one I fished with the guys. We were a little slow on our limit. 45 min behind the girls in limit and did not have the big fish (22 inches). Had an excellent day though catching 100 fish with a limit of smallies also. Day 2 I had the girls. Again I got beat on the limit by 30 min, but I had the big fish (21.5 inches). Again we caught 100 fish. Close to 400 fish for the group in the 2 days fishing. the group always say better than at home on Minnesota. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!

Mon I had a family out from the upper Midwest. 40 + mph winds. Still an excellent day catching 75 fish. It cannot be better, especially with mother nature throws curve balls

Tues and Wed I had a group out from Lincoln, NE. I guided this group when I was 16. Off an on since then. Now regular 2 times a year for the last 3 years. With mother nature still throwing curves, we still caught 160 fish in 2 days. Excellent walleye fishing, also catching a few smallies each day.

Thursday and Friday I had a group out from Walker, IA. This group has been out since 2004. We caught 150 fish in 2 days. Limt of walleyes. Also took home 20 smallies and one 6 lb northern. Excellent 2 days of fishing.

Until next time
Mike Allen