www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: fishing report for the last few days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default fishing report for the last few days

I've been out guiding and just fishing with friends the last four days and we've been moving some fish but just bad timing on spots I think. We boated one upper thirty inch fish and lost a few others. We did move a couple big ones yesterday in the short time on the water. We've only been seeing about four a day. My buddy Corey Meyer fished basically the same spots I did a couple days ago and had a great day seeing 11 fish and boating a 46 and 47 incher. We saw two and caught one that day. That's just how it goes sometimes. Timing is everything. Most of the fish lately in this wind have been on bucktails and jerkbaits. The water temps are pretty high. Yesterday they were are 72 degrees and I'm sure even higher in some of the bays.

As a side note; yesterday while eating some breakfast at the Landing I heard some guys talking about getting their boat stuck on a bog so I went over and helped them get it off. They had a twenty foot Skeeter bass boat way up on a bog. Pretty nice work. They spent the night on the bog. It took a lot of tinkering and a bunch of guys pushing but we finally got it off the bog. We made sure to take some pictures first so I'll get those up later this week.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

My buddy Nate and I happened to be in the area at the right time and had the pleasure of watching this unfold. My only question is how did they manage to get their boat that far onto the bog? Glad everyone was ok and the boat made it out alive as well.

Dan

It kind of reminds me of a Duke's of Hazard episode.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    It kind of reminds me of a Duke's of Hazard episode.
    Yeee-Hawww!!!

Well, I haven't pulled that stunt but the dumbest thing I ever did with my boat was to forget to remove the back tie-down straps before putting my boat into the water. I looked up in the rear view mirror and saw that my boat was no longer straight behind the truck but had rotated to off to a 45 degree angle. The boat had floated the trailer up off of the ramp and the whole deal was swiveling around on the ball hitch.