www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: walleye fishing

Default walleye fishing

I finally took my boat out a few days ago and had great luck. I caught and released 28 eyes, which 10 of them would have been keepers. Did some trolling,but most of my luck was in deeper water and using a plain old slip bobber w a leech on a plain black hook. Ive started to put flourocarbon leaders on some of my walleye rods and found that ive been having alot more luck on them. 22 out of the 28 were caught on rods w flourocarbon line or leaders. Whats everyone else using and whats working for you?

Hey Johnp,
    Sound like you had a great day on the water. what depth of water were you in when you were slip bobber fishing in deep water? I never tried slip bobber fishing out on the mud flat before but I have thought about it. Usually I will troll that area with either crawler harnesses or cranks. My typical set up would be to pull both with Berkley 10 lb. XT and have found no reason to have leaders on the line while pulling cranks. With my harnesses, I'm building them with 40" leaders out of 17 or 14 lb. test, and have been using a flourocarbon for a number of years now for my leaders.

Thanks for posting with us on outdoor911. That was good information that you shared with us. Hope you have a chance to get back on the water soon.

Have a great day,

Tim Long
    Tim Long
    The Timbers Resort &
    Eyes Guy Fishing Guide Service
    P.O. Box 278
    HWY M-28
    Bergland, MI 49910
    Phone: 906-575-3542
    E-mail: thetimbersresort@sbcglobal.net
    Web Site: www.thetimbersresort.com
    Web Site: www.eyes-guy.com

Default walleye fishing

Hey Tim, I was out in around 24-26 ft of water. I typically run planer boards and downriggers on my boat in the deeper water, but in what i consider the slump of the day... 11:00- 3:00 the fish seem to lazy to chase down a bait, so thats when i anchor down and throw a few slip bobbers out. I know it seems sort of out of the ordinary but ive been doing pretty good with that method during the slow hrs. The other time i went i got 17 eyes in the middle of the afternoon with 4 keepers, better than sitting on shore waiting for "prime time" to come.