www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: report 6/9

Default report 6/9

was a beautiful week sunny,and not much wind though 3-4 days were high 80's,a bit to warm ,not used to it yet.fri was cloudy with a couple sprinkles and 70's,more like it.
    water temps 70's surface.
    start of the hatch seen fri am and today quite a few in some areas.bite will concentrate for the next week in weed and on mud flats,
    last week consistant fishing walleyes in numbers for the most part was very shallow 4-10' and as shallow as 2' inside weeds cruising rocky areas even had a group fishing bass caught 7 walleyes up to 25" in the reeds on a brite sunny hot flat calm day. same day a group caught numbers of big fish mostly slot and over at 30-40' ,get the idea? don't be afraid to try anything but consistancy is shallow in weed and weed/rock combo areas and flats. casting jigs shallow and smaller structures,lindy rigging humps,trolling spinner rigs and crank baits on bigger area flats,slots beteen islands etc. at 6-10'. was much better for the most part ams vs afternoons then evenings good again.
    some nicer pike showed up last week 34- to 43" on 4wds and fly-ins on darker weedy lakes casting spinnerbaits been best.
    weeds starting to grow good on eagle now and bigger pike will come shallow again after moving deeper after the early spawn this year,another week and also once musky season opens next week and bigger baits being thrown bigger pike will be reported,right now most still being caught by those fishing deeper structure by walleye fishermen though we got some nice ones to 38" fri casting small bull dawgs and minnow baits so it's a good sign.
    lots of nice bass caught in and around spawning areas,females off beds on points and rocks/reeds near,males on nests.finishing fast now.
    got a bunch of great pics to get posted soon.
    still got some openings for musky opener 6/16 thru july 14 week,give us a call.
    thanks much and good luck.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

I gotta do something man, so I started "organizing" my tackle, tying leaders, got my Rollie's order in, etc.

I did try the brown marker on our "secret weapon" Spanky...and I f#*ked it all up. Didn't have the right color, and now it looks copper. Arghhhh! We'll have to fix it when I get there.

Dan

monday 6/11
    rained good through much of the nite,supposed to late afternoon/tonight also,lake coming up.
    big mayfly hatch fri-sat nites,very little if any last nite at least on north/west sections of the lake,shallows are full of feed,also huge schools of shiner and perch minnows everywhere.
    cooling off a bit to 70's for most of the week which will be welcomed after high 80's most of last week. with the cooler weather and some wind should cool down surface temps a bit to more desirable levels of low 70's.
    walleyes took to spinner rigging good yesterday 5-10',bays and flats,good catches of bass in the afternoon reeds/rock/wood combo areas ,x-raps,jigs and craws/tubes,lite jig and minnow or leech.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

tues
    70's yesterday,windy out of the westerlys,rained good after 5;00 pm.
    water temps 70 now, no or very little hatch last 2 days.
    temps dropped last nite to mid 30's over night,60's today 70's rest of the week.
    with the clouds and wind boat control was tougher for some but the walleye bite was very good though a bit deeper than earlier in the week avg.g 8-12' .still mostly weedy and flats areas. spinner rigs with gulp minnows produced as well or better than minnows for a group.jigs and leeches also producing. trolling smaller cranks also producing some fish especially in the evenings.
    bass for a group on a 4wd was excellent also boated 50+ walleyes,no one fished them yesterday on eagle but are today. best to wait for mid after noon and sun warming after cold nite.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck