www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Last Day, June 8

Default Last Day, June 8

We finally got the cloud cover and wind we've been hoping for today after 5 days of sun/heat/calm conditions. In fact the day started with rain, lightning and winds. After that, it settled down for a bit and we were able to fish with some calmer/cloudy conditions and the smallies still were cooperating for us. We then decided to run south to some of out favorite walleye spots that we like to cast to. With the wind blowing at about 10 knots directly into the points, we were only able to connect on a couple of 24 inchers. Had a nice 27 incher to the net and he spit the Rogue boatside. The pike were hungry again mixed in with the smallies and dad caught another that measured at 37 inches. The highlight of the day was as we were coming back through the narrows before dinner, we stopped for one last spot to fish for smallies and dad was reeling in a 14 incher and a HUMONGOUS musky attacked the smallie and had it crossway. I grabbed my camera and video taped it for about 30 seconds and then the musky let it go when it go boatside. The smallie was scratched but still alive when we released it and it tried to jump back into the boat when we let it go...don't think it wanted to go back in the water!
    Another great week of fishing with my dad, fun with the Witch Bay staff (who always treat you great) and great conversation with Jon and Jeannie! Thanks to all and we'll be back up in August with my wife and daughter. Should be fun!

Gail's son says there is a world record muskie that he has hooked 5 times and it's food preference is a 17-1/2 smallmouth bass. Maybe she was less picky and attacked the 14 incher.

If I can figure out how, I'll try to post either a picture or the 30 seconds of video of the "action" on here when I get home. It was pretty cool.
    Last edited by brian1785; 06-22-2012 at 09:32 PM.

ATTACH=CONFIG]17108[/ATTACH]
    Here's the musky video and a picture of one of the many pike we caught while we were there... enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0041.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	17108  
    Last edited by brian1785; 06-24-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Thx for posting the video but when I try to view it the prompt comes up saying it is a private video. God Bless..Hock

Not sure what happened but when we first posted it we could view it, now we can't view it anymore. I'll see what we can do to fix it. Thanks!

Try the video now, it should work...hopefully.

Love the video, it is working now.