www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: muskie

Default muskie

Hey murph was wondering what rod and reel setup u would recommend? Not looking to spend a ton. Going to use it a couple times a year. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_83 View Post
    Hey murph was wondering what rod and reel setup u would recommend? Not looking to spend a ton. Going to use it a couple times a year. Thanks.
    If any one else wants to chime in go ahead. I'm just looking for an all purpose set up.

Default Rod and reel combo

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_83 View Post
    The bread and butter reel for some time has been the Abu-Garcia C3. Still a pretty good reel for the money. A St. Croix premiere rod is a good choice for the money. Shimano makes a good assortment of Muskie reels. The Calcutta 400 B is a very good reel and reasonably priced.

Good luck, Murph
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

What's a good rod length to use? Maybe I'll see u on leech been wanting to get up there in the fall to walleye and muskie fish.

Also what about weight. Should I get a med heavy, heavy, or extra heavy? Thanks for the help

IMO-med-heavy. 7ft.