www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report June 3, 2012

Summers: Lake Mille Lacs, Mn, Winters: Lockport, IL

Default Fishing Report June 3, 2012

Arrived at the lake for the season about 10 days ago. We had family commitments that kept us away....but now here for the remainder of the season. Been out a few times and Mille Lacs has changed in just 10 days.

Prior to the opener the lake was very clean/clear. Noticed green slime algae growing on bottom in spawning areas...

Memoral Day and a few days prior Mille Lac recieved over 10 inches of rain, thus causing alot of runoff. The lake has changed from clear to a tanic redish color. SMB are still relating to same areas and can be caught on traditional baits.

Water temps are in the low 60's. Full moon came in tonight so not quite sure where the fish are in relation to the spawn. I think there are still fish pre spawn and spawn...but dont know how strong. This week I will be fishing most every day and should have a better idea whats going on.

remember..if you dont chase em, you wont catch em
    Jim DaRosa
    Jim DaRosa's Smallmouth Bass Guide Service

Web Site: http://www.FishSmallmouthBass.com

Co Host Fishing and Outdoor Radio Show
    Web Site: http://www.FishingandOutdoorRadio.com

"If man concentrated on the important things in life there would be a shortage of fishing poles and duck decoys."

I thought I accidentally launched on Vermilion after looking at the water color. Plenty turbid. Algae on the rocks and drifting throughout the water column - even swum grubs were getting schmutzed every few casts on Sat. Plenty of fat, healthy fish already in summer mode . . . munching cranberry/white craws on the reefs and coughing them up boatside. Nice to see most bass boys out on reefs chasing active fish instead of pestering spawners.

Crazy crowded on Sat. Reefs loading with bassers, muskie hunters and walleye guys. I noticed blankets of zeebs around some gravel/reed areas. It will be interesting/alarming to see how the continue to spread this year. And clear the algae? And push smallies deeper during the day? And shread tubes and mono dragging in the rocks?