www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Witch Bay Staff 1st report

Default Witch Bay Staff 1st report

The water temperature is between 67 & 69 degrees. We are finding the walleyes in the shallows around 6 feet of water. We are using minnows and leeches on the windblown points and plastic in shallow waters.
    Clark Odor’s niece caught a nice 22 inch walleye, this was her first trip to Canada and the other niece caught an 18” Bass.
    The bass are up in the shallows on their spawning beds, still full of eggs. The small mouth bite is pretty consistent, but you have to vary your presentation from one day to the other. We are catching and releasing some pretty big ones, one day we caught over a dozen around 17 inches and we mainly have been targeting walleye, just dropping a line once in a while to check out the bass.
    The Northern have been responding to jerk baits and small spinners. We are running into a lot of big Muskie when targeting Northern with smaller baits. The Muskie finished their spawn about 2 ½ weeks ago with opening on June 16th.
    The jumbo perch are mixed in with the walleye on the points and are still averaging 10 and 11 inches.
    The walleye have thicker girth do to the earlier spring, which should make for a better season. They have recently begun to move on the mid lake humps but are still in transition.

Witch Bay Fishing Staff

Michael, Brad, Marc

See you on the lake!
    Witch Bay Camp
    Web Site: http://www.witchbay.com

Any reports from the Francis group? I couldn't make the trip this year and am missing spending time fishing in Witch Bay. I'm already making plans to get back next year.

Matt B.

Default Francis group reply's

Hey Matt,
    Missing you and your dad and Bob. We could use your help in catching Northern. We were pass Sioux Narrows on Sunday and caught more than 60 small mouth between the 4 of us in less 2 hours.
    Small mouth fishing has been great, having a good time catching walleye thanks to our guide Michael. The weather has been fabulous haven't needed a jackett. Will be in touch later and wishing you guys
    were here. The food and staff have been great as usual. We have a contest going to see who can gain the most weight. Watch for a report on thursday night.
    Jim
    Gail Hockett
    Witch Bay Camp
    Web Site: http://www.witchbay.com

Jim,

That sounds like fun, my dad is jealous about the small mouth. Glad you guys are having a good time. How is the weed growth? I'll be there next year to help with the northerns.

Matt