www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Big Chip Fishing report for 6-02-2012

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Big Chip Fishing report for 6-02-2012

Hi everyone,

With a gorgeous day with mostly sunny skies and a very brisk NW wind, I guided a Father/daughter this morning Melissa and Gary. I knew I was in the presence of greatness, then found out this young lady was an all state high school girls fast pitch softball player for three uears straight and played in colledge 4 years straight. Her athletic talent was evident in her ability to fish. She needed no instructions from me, she is talented.

If only the fish were more cooperative. It was tough sledding for most of the morning and adding insult to injury when I lost my anchor to the fishes. Oh well, a quick salute and we continued on. I didn't have a backup anchor, so we drifted the rest of the morning. The wind picked up to where we had to deploy two drift socks, but we were able to achieve the proper speed and finally started to catch fish. We wound up with 2 nice walleyes, 2 fat bluegills measuring in at 9" each and a crappie and perch and we lost a few more. Of course I just can't help myself but to drift through the nastiest cover, so we also lost several jigs.

the air temps got into the high 70's and the water temps were 65 degrees. Last week the water temps were 64 so not much of a warmup. I made a quick run to the anchor store and now have 2 anchors. Don't want to be caught short again. There are some key spots that seem to produce on a consistent basis as of late. At the top of woody humps or at the base of those same woody humps out aways. Didn't try any weed fishing, but that might be a viable option now that the weeds are growing good.

I only have a couple of guideing dates available for June, so if you need a guide this month, give me a call to see what's left. July and August I have many days available, but don't wait to long. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tough day but lots of smiles 6-02 2012.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	16739  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.