www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone from my area ?

Default Anyone from my area ?

I do not know how many here live up in my area, But I need a little help.
    Please keep your ears open for anyone saying they found a fishing pole at the East Branch Dam parking lot.

I took my casting rod out of my boat to put in my pathfinder, however I forgot to pick up off the parking lot. In the 5 minutes it took me to launch, someone stopped and picked it up. I thought maybe they were honest people so I ran up to the office, but know one turned it in. there was an older couple sitting on a bench. The takers of the rod and reel evidently did not see them, however the couple saw who took the rod and reel. I have a description of the vehicle, but I just want my rod and reel back. You all know the cost of these, which I really can not afford to replace at this time. It is a St.Croix Triumph Musky rod with a Revo Toro Reel. If anyone hears anything please call me. (814)577-6134. I am also offering a reward for it's safe return.

thanks for reading

mike

Hey Mike, I'm not from your area, but it's just a thought to check craigslist. Someone that would do that would probably have no use for it themselves. Sad story as I've had a rod stolen in similar fasion. When my wife and I first started dating, I had her out on a wading excursion. We were at our 4th stop of the day and she was so tired she wanted to take a nap. I told her I'd leave her rod off the side of the trail on the way down to the spot. After a quick 1/2 nap she came down and asked me where her rod was...sure enough someone swiped it, but I never found it. Good luck!

Thanks for the idea of craigslist, I thought about that with pennswoods but it has not turned up yet. Another funny thing is, most people who do a little recreational fishing tell me they would not give a nickel for a bait caster, lol. Need to find someone selling there's that could not figure out how to use it!

Again, thanks for the reply

Mike