www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Memorial week report

Default Memorial week report

The panfish bite has slowed in the Phillips area, with the drop in water temps the fish have pushed into deeper water. The Walleye action has been great, we have been picking up plenty of eaters in 10 to 15 feet of water. The fish are hitting a little light so we have been having our best luck using floating lindy rigs. The last couple of times out we have done better on leeches over any other live bait for the Walleye. Pike action is still good fishing. The musky opener was good as well, many fishermen reported catching and seeing a number of fish. Personally I got a 38.75 and my fishing partner caught a 36.5, we released 2 sub 30" fish and saw a few others on our only trip out so far. Glide baits, mid sized bucktails and surface baits all seemed to do well from reports.

Attached are pictures of Me with 38.75" Musky and fellow Ross's Sport Shop Guide John Kleczewski with a 36.5" Musky that we caught Sunday of opening weekend for musky 2012.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38.75may27.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	16717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnk36.6may27.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	16718
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

Default Memorial week report

Nice job Mark. Thats a lot of fish considering you are shore fishing. Ive gone out in my boat and havent caught that many before.