www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Memorial Day success

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Memorial Day success

Fishing remained strong through the Memorial weekend. The attached photo shows the Kavanaugh family with a nice stringer of walleyes we put together this past Saturday morning. Numerous pike were also caught and released. Locations of the fish haven't changed for me as they are still relating to either wood or weeds in the 8' to 15' depth range. Bait preferences are beginning to change however as crawlers are now out producing minnows, at least in my boat as of late. We are in a transition period right now though so on any given day minnows could once again become more productive. Best to have a supply of both along right now.

I didn't fish today but I will be back out tommorrow. It will be interesting to see how the fish respond to the cold front conditions. I think the fish will still bite but I'm sure they will come a little tougher than they have been. The weather forecast is for a gradual warming treand starting towards the end of the week with temps back to normal or above by the weekend so after a few cool days which will probably slow the fishing a bit, I think things will get rolling again by the weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kavanaugh2.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	16698  
    Rick Writz Minocqua Area Fishing Guide Service
    E-mail: rwritz@newnorth.net
    Web Site: http://www.rickwritzminocquafishingguide.com