www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Light net for fishing alone?

Default Light net for fishing alone?

I have a Frabill power stow and landed a couple with it last year but it wasn't easy. I fish alone. Is there a lighter net that would be worth changing to?

Not really. There are a couple smaller ones that might work but then you run the risk of getting the lure stuck on the hoop of the net.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I have a Frabill Proformance net for that reason. It has the same size hoop and bag as a big game powercatch but the handle is different and is lighter. Not a lot lighter but helps. I have netted quite a few by myself. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by scottwebster View Post
    I have a Frabill Proformance net for that reason. It has the same size hoop and bag as a big game powercatch but the handle is different and is lighter. Not a lot lighter but helps. I have netted quite a few by myself. Hope it helps.
    Frabil is now selling a net that Joe Bucher touts as lightweight; it is a frabil conservation series #9530. I have an old beckman with aluminum handle and replaced with a beckman tangle free bag that is also much lighter than most nets. I feel you pain as I usually fish alone and netting is certainly more difficult when alone but my setup makes it a lot easier. The light aluminum handle is certainly not strong enough to lift the fish but you don't do that anyway; or shouldn't. Good Luck

Maybe you should get in the weightroom Scott!

Just kidding, couldn't resist.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty I do lift weights. I am at 12 fluid ounces hoping to get to 16s before bowhunting starts in mid September! Ha Ha! Hope you have a good season. I hope to get back up there this summer.

I like the big Beckman Finsaver. I fish alone a lot and it's pretty easy to use. The biggest complaint most people make is with the finsaver net the hooks tangle in it and they can be a pain to get out sometimes. I don't know if it would work, but you could try the Beckman net on a Frabil hoop? Might save you some cash that way.