The fishing season is coming along nicely. With High expectations for the musky opener we headed out on Saturday morning. We started by fishing shallow weed beds. We were throwing twitch baits and bucktails primarily. We had one fish blow up on a topwater and had one other follow. In the evening things changes and the fish were a bit more aggressive. With a storm on the fringe of our area we were able to boat 2 fish and had one other up. we caught a 34" and a 37". Both were caught on small bucktails in 4- 8 feet of water.This morning I had a group out for some walleye fishing. The best was leeches on slip bobbers.We did get a few on minnows but the leeches far out produced. hey caught a nice bunch of fish with some good eaters, Most ranged from 13-19". We We found the fish in 10-13 feet of water. The water temps ranged from 62 on Saturday morning to Mid 60's this morning. I did notice this morning the first signs on mayflies. I saw several of them on cars and on the water. All in all fishing ahs been fairly good. I am heading back out later today to chase muskies again. It felt so good yesterday to finally get the big stuff back out. Fishing Season is officially under way now!
Remmeber that the size limit for muskies has went to 40". Some lakes are higher and a few are set at 28". Make sure you know where you are.

Goos fishing,