www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opening Day on the Bay of Green....

Default Opening Day on the Bay of Green....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0433.JPG 
Views:	302 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	16607Well folks, musky opener was today in the northern zone of Wisconsin. That includes the Bay of Green (aka Green Bay)! The fishing was a bit off today. Normally this time of year we are looking for the Muskies to be in post spawn mode. Well, with the water temps topping out at 72 degrees in the fox rover and lower bay today the muskies have moved out of their post spawn areas and they seem to have migrated out into the main area of the Bay looking for structure and baitfish. The river, which is usually a very good source of muskies during the first few weeks of the opener was quite barren today. One of my clients Pete was able to pick up this nice pike early this morning but the remainder of the day was very very slow. I'll be doing some more fishing over the next week looking to locate these post spawn muskies and reporting back here so if any of you happen into the Green Bay area you will have some ideas where to look. I will also be doing some walleye fishing with some clients tomorrow afternoon and I will report back on how the action for these wonderfully tasty fish is going here as well! Take care and good luck!

Captain Kevin
    RFRG Outdoors Green Bay

Well, not much fishing since opening day. Really strong winds kept me off for a couple days fishing walleyes and then I had to go back to work at the real job to make some money to spend on fishing stuff! But I wanted to post this pic of a fish one of my clients caught with me just before the musky season opened (go figure)! He is from Eagle River and he had never gotten a musky before. We were out bass fshing on Little Sturgeon bay and he decided to make an apperance! It was nice to be there for his first ever musky!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krista2.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	16820 And yes, it was caught on a spinning rod!!

Quote Originally Posted by Occifer Kevin View Post
    Well, not much fishing since opening day. Really strong winds kept me off for a couple days fishing walleyes and then I had to go back to work at the real job to make some money to spend on fishing stuff! But I wanted to post this pic of a fish one of my clients caught with me just before the musky season opened (go figure)! He is from Eagle River and he had never gotten a musky before. We were out bass fshing on Little Sturgeon bay and he decided to make an apperance! It was nice to be there for his first ever musky!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krista2.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	16820 And yes, it was caught on a spinning rod!!
    Nice one!!