www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: report may 26

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Herbie...Really enjoy the updates which you've been posting lately. I check out the AML site first thing every morning to see what's been happening on beautiful Eagle Lake. Anxious for the muskie season to get underway and read about the catches and those that got away. Danny, Bill and I were talking about what seems like a lifetime til one season closes and the beginning of the next. Keep up the posts...they are much appreciated. See you with the boys in August!...Chuckie

chuckie,
    good to hear from you and really looking forward to seeing you guys.
    i know posts have been multi species but just to give you an update since you're a musky fisherman all the way it appears they are all spawned out and recouped. all fish seen or incidently hooked have appreared to be in great shape,not all banged up from spawning.
    we have kept everyone fishing pike to small # 13 size minnow baits or smaller and #4 or less spinners to try and keep incidental catches to a min untill june16 however we can't totally keep them from biting jigs and small pike and bass baits. all have been water released so not the best pics but some 38-41's,44,45,2 48's,51,and 55 and an even bigger fish broke off as we do not allow netting untill opener,so it looks like come opener june 16 they should be ready to rock.
    can't believe it but we even have a couple openings for opener,hope someone picks them up as it could be a real sleeper this year. my longest fish last season came the following week,first day out.
    see ya soon,
    herbie
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

I am cocked, locked, and ready to rock. That's all I wanted to say.