www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ontario License Issues

Default Ontario License Issues

Ontario licenses are now available online, and most people are taking advantage of this option. I don't remember when redoing mine, but apparently the page must be slightly confusing, and some people don't realize they must print their license immediately. They will not be mailed.

Now comes the real confusion. You cannot go back in and print the license. People have been trying to get information by calling the MNR and are experiencing long waits, and misinformation once they finally get someone.

I have it on good authority that if you purchased, but did not print your license, that you can get a duplicate from any agency that sells them. In our case that would be Border Shell, or Spruce Camp. There is a cost, but I do not know what it is.
    Last edited by Frank Walsh; 09-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

I assume there still is the well known J Blanck exception?

Specifically;if you can show 5 yrs of 'no -intent' fishing with nothing caught during that time,you need not even apply for a license,just cross the border and have at it.

Oh yes, the Jeff Blanck rule. Hoping my partner Sully is able to get all his necessary paperwork, not sure it this rule would apply to him. Steve

Steve,
    Sully is fine,there is no license requirement for 'floundering',just required for fishing.

I was able to purchase my ODC and license on line just fine. The issue was in the printing. You have to print at 90% scale to make sure you get the black border that they require.

Cool

You guys are partially right. I have a special license but it only counts for fish over 40 inches. I get one dollar back for every fish over 40, which is nice because I use the money to get home after the trip. Doah! Let the trash talking begin!!!
    Jeff

This is causing issues for a couple of the OM vets - if anyone cracks the code on replacements let me know.

Jeff,
    Congrats.I had no idea you have a pure electric chevy Volt.

I too fell victim to not knowing my licence would not be sent to me by mail. I called Border Shell. They can print a duplicate for $10.00.

I struggle seeing you as a victim Sully.As to Border Shell,that's outrageous.I'll talk to them and see if we can't jack that price up a bit for you.

Just wait until he tries to find the Border Shell. Oh, btw, the name has changed to another oil company the last time I was up.