www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Walleye opener at Witch Bay Cam

Default Walleye opener at Witch Bay Cam

Today is walleye opener and the bite was great. The Jumbo Yellow Perch were biting all day; we caught perch about 10 to 11 inches on average. Walleye were averaging from 16” to 17” with over 20” being caught thru out the day. Tom Johnson caught a 24” and Richard Smith caught a 25” walleye today for the opener. Pete Wallentin and I saw the Muskie spawning, what an amazing sight, this spawn started about 2 days ago. The perch are just finishing their spawn. The Northern have been fairly consistent, it appears by any structures you will pick up northern, and we saw some really big trophy Northern. The water is about 2.5 feet low this year. The weather has been really warm this spring, today we have had rain, but the bite was great. So all in all today was a great opening day, looking forward to another great day on the water tomorrow.
    Michael Hockett
    Witch Bay Camp
    Web Site: http://www.witchbay.com

I hope to repeat opening day 12 long days from now.

Default Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by 40buick View Post
    I hope to repeat opening day 12 long days from now.
    Coming up with my dad on June 2nd and can't wait too see what Witch Bay has to offer. I've been coming for about 12 or 13 years and I get excited each year like it was the first year!

Quote Originally Posted by brian1785 View Post
    Coming up with my dad on June 2nd and can't wait too see what Witch Bay has to offer. I've been coming for about 12 or 13 years and I get excited each year like it was the first year!
    I will be arriving June 2nd also- My first trip ever. Just myself and 2 dogs.

Hey Brian. I'll be up on the 6th or 7th. Looking forward to seeing you and your dad again. Safe journey.

Sounds good Dave. Bring some good weather with you!