www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: ford river

Default ford river

any one willing to give a report on fishing is on the ford river... want to take my 10 year old tomorrow am... any help would be appreciated.. 19 pointer

Was slim pickings down there this morning, light wind, and high bright sun, water was pretty clear in most areas as well.

Just spent all evening there... water still wasn't dirty by sunset. If you're looking to fish in the morning, I'd head north.

tried this am, ended up with 2 on flickershads, knats or what ever kind of bugs those are were pretty annoying... i least i didn't get skunked!!!! thanks for the replies... 19pointer

has fishing picked up ?... with the strong south winds thurs. just wondering if the water has gotten dirty.... tried there last sun. just wondering if its worth the trip... any help would be appreciated.. 19 pointer

Just spent all evening there (again)... water is clean again already. If you're looking to fish in the morning, I'd head elsewhere. I hate to say this... but you shoulda been out there Wednesday and Thursday!!! (and probably Friday too, but I had to work Friday... couldn't fish).

thanks for the update saves me some gas $... guess the water cleans up pretty fast... one of these weekends i'll hit it right...19ptr

My uncles/cousin and I fished there 3 days early in the week with mixed results. Caught one 2man limit of 9 fish between 22-26.5 plus a 36" pike, other boat got 0 the same night fishing the same area (they started out with crawlers, then had some boat control issues and had trouble fishing in the wind and waves) Went back the next night, kind slow caught 5 fish between 3 guys, again biggest around 26". I finishied up with a long solo day of fishing Tuesday (3pm til midnight) but ended up with some really nice fish: 23.5", 24, 25, 28" walleyes plus a nice surprise 35" fish.

I'm not sure how to post pictures here, so I'll link to another up fishing site that I like a lot.: http://upangler.com/forums/index.php?topic=4695.0