www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: opener

Default opener

Hello all: just looking for a report from the avid followers of this site. How was opener? heading up for Memorial day and wanted to see how the big lake was and if it was as slow as the StarTribune reported...thanks.

Leech opener on Sat three under fish and slots 26" two 25.5" 24.5" and some smaller slots. Nice fat fish. Started by Goose Island then left too many people for me. Headed north for these fish.

Sun was a better day north again 9 under fish for a fry and some dandy slots biggest was 28" my friend Greg caught fishing with me. Before the 28" he had a 27" back to back dandys. Lots of nice slot fish Sun. Water was cold 54

Drifting worked the best green jig and Spot Tail wind was Big Nasty Sun Night got back to Walker park at six but I was dry. I was happy with the opener nice fishing should get better. I fished one spot by myself three drifts three fish I liked that. I traveled 14 miles one way for these fish away from the crowd.

Also heading up next week. Any spots that are hot or specific presentations? Any information would be great. What is the water temperature currently? Thanks!

Default Walleyes

Quote Originally Posted by osty29 View Post
    Also heading up next week. Any spots that are hot or specific presentations? Any information would be great. What is the water temperature currently? Thanks!
    Walleyes seemed to be in transition. Fish seem to be in several locations, shorelines, points, large flats and weeds. However you will not find large schools. One fish here and there. Shiners and jigs are still taking fish. Leeches are also a good choice and we have caught some fish on crawlers. This week I have caught fish in 4 feet of water down to 24 feet. Keep searching and experimenting with different presentations. Saw temps as high as 65 but they are now in high 50's.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

just got on the water for a couple of hours this weekend. Stayed in Walker bay and hit one of the points. caught 4 in 2 hours plus a few decent perch. All walleyes were below the slot...a good sign, and we let the largest one go. Jig and a shiner is what they wanted. 12-17 feet. Curious to see how the tournament anglers do next weekend.

Scoie
    -note, my 5 year old caught two of the walleyes completely legit. fun to see.