Well I survived New Orleans and am back to fishing again. Fishing has been very good and has not let up. Limits are being brought in from the Big Bend Dam area and from Carpenter Bluffs to south of boyers on Lake Francis Case. the whole southern 3rd (Iron Nation to the Dam) has been good. Been a very good white bass bite also on Francis Case and a very good smallmouth bite on Sharpe. The walleyes are starting to go through transition. We are using both minnows and crawlers. If the weather holds it will be a very good Free Fishing Weekend. We are catching 70 to 100 plus fish per day. Lots of action.

Here is my short report for the week. Thursday I had a group out from Sioux City, IA area. We had a very good day with limit of walleyes and smallies. We caught around 120 fish. What a day for my first day back! I did not fish on friday due to my oldest daughter graduating from the 8th grade.

On Saturday I had a family out from Sioux Center, IA. 2 boats in our group. Limits caught by 10:00 a.m. Limit of both walleyes and smallies. It was one heck of a picture. We caught between 240 to 260 fish between the 2 boats. The kids had a trip to remember.

Sunday I had a group from the Elmore, MN area. We caught 80 fish with a limit of walleyes and smallies. As always, they caught a dandy stringer of fish. Hopefully we will see you next month or sooner.

Today I had a group from Schuler, NE. We caught over 70 fish (quit fishing at 12:30 p.m.) with limit caught by 10:00 a.m. What a Day!! Hopefully the wind will give me a chance to do it again tomorrow.

Until Next Time
Mike Allen