www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Wingra Launch

Post Wingra Launch

Hi all, I talked to Jeff Hanson today and the Madison Police Dept has been issuing tickets at the Wingra launch off Knickerbocker St. You will get a ticket for parking your trailer on the grass. SteveR has sent a email to the city asking if they have change their parking policy after all these years? I will keep you posted.

Maybe Steve\r can post a email so others may comment to the proper authority on this issue.
    Gerard

All is well. The tickets were issued in error. Just remember not to park your tow vehicle on the grass, trailers only. Also when backing your trailer on the grass do not block the paved pedestrian walkway just east of the lot.

I received the following message from City of Madison Parks Dept. (FYI....The Madison Police Dept. does not issue tickets at boat launches they are "Park Rangers" from City Parks Dept.)

Steve,

Thank you for your email regarding trailer parking at Knickerbocker boat launch. Ticket numbers 06722 , 06723 and 06731 were issued in error and have been dismissed. Recipients of these tickets will be notified as soon as possible. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Yvonne Van Kirk
    City of Madison - Parks Staff
    210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Room 104
    P.O. Box 2987
    Madison, WI 53701-2987
    (608) 243-5240

Thanks SteveR for following this to its conclusion.

Next question. Who's catching them?
    Gerard

Not me....... but BigMan Wienski is catching fish on Wingra. Suckers and Spinner Baits. He also got a nice 40 on Monona on a sucker. I think he is 2/3 of the way to a Silver Hat Trick and its only the middle of May!

Lots of follows, few strikes.

Steve R

Parked Thursday night 5/10 on grass and had trailer partially over walkway, received no ticket. About 8 other trailers that night on grass. Had three follows that night, one in high thirties and two smaller ones. No bites.

I picked up a nice 38" on Saturday afternoon, tossing a Jerkbait over the weeds. We saw a new muskie angler in a row boat catch a 40" on a small black and silver buck tail, spinning outfit. He didn't have a net, he grabbed the fish nicely by the gill plate but the buck tail was inside the mouth. We netted the fish for him, removed the buck tail and took a photo.

Parking on Saturday's at Wingra is quite a challenge. We managed to scout out and find a spot to park.

Steve R