www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Current Lake Conditions: May 9th

Default Current Lake Conditions: May 9th

Water temps are back on the rise after falling during the later part April. Water temps now range on average into the mid 60's. All the spawn is over with for the most part. Some of the fish are still carrying fresh scars and spawning wounds. Some of the bigger females once again didn't spawn as some of the larger fish are still very fat, full of eggs still. Even though some of them didn't spawn, they are moving and feeding on most days. Recently some of the storms had the fish in lazy follow mode, but other days they are fired up and chowing down. The shad spawn is also 95% over. I can't stress enough how KEY proper figure 8's are at this time. Most of my action and caugh fish are happening during the 8 so be ready and make proper 8's and proper turns. Way to many lost opportunities the past few days. The bait fish (shad and other pan fish) are starting to stack up pretty good in open water and off the deep breaks which means only one thing....active, stupid, hungry muskies on the prowl!

Good luck out there, I still have a few open dates before I take off for Minnesota. If interested give me call or shoot me an email!
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Uh oh. Are you talking about me when you mention bad figure 8's? I hope not. I tried. I really did. I did everything I could. It was the fishes fault.

No Matt...not taking about you...just a general comment and statement about musky fishing. Personally I think a good figure 8 is one of the TOP 3 things you can do to put more fish in the boat, be consistant and catch bigger fish. A proper figure 8 is something almost all my guys struggle with daily. It's tough to do.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all