www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2012 Minnesota Gobbler!

Default 2012 Minnesota Gobbler!

I went out early this morning here in North Central MN, greeted by a steady cool drizzle on the drive out to my spot. At 5:15am, the Turkey Gods turned off the rain showers, and I heard my bird gobble off the roost several hundred yards off. I closed the distance and trying to call to him, but I only got one response before I could tell he was moving away (with hen). I made the call to run to the truck and drive around the back side of the property and do an end around manuever on this gobbler. I snuck in about three hundred yards down the logging road and called, which prompted an immediate reply. He cut off my second yelp sequence and I knew I was in business. After a few more calls to him, I suddenly saw the hen coming right at me through the woods and she waltzed right in, ten yards away from me. Behind her was this guy, and I shot him at thirty yards because the hen seemed a bit nervous and was ready to leave. Twenty-two pounds with ten inch beard.

I used the Primos Deadly Double diaphram call for the entire hunt. Remington 870 Express Camo Turkey 12 ga. with Nikon Turkey Scope. Great mouth call, and easy to use!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02125-cropped-web.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	16342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02138-web.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	16343  
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com