www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ty, I need your advice, please !

Default Ty, I need your advice, please !

Ty, you and I have fished together often. I've studied your ways, you have watched me fish. You know I have been a slump for several years now. Got any advice to share with me that can help me move more Muskies ? Do I need to improve my casting ? Do I need to just shut up and REALLY pay attention to whats going on ? Do you think I'm in a rut in how I run the lure I'm fishing; too fast, too slow, too shallow, too deep ? Do you think I need to work on the figure 8 and learn how to get it right ? I'm pretty certain you think my hook set just sucks when I get that rare opportunity to pop one, so I know I can try to improve there. hahaha It's ok, I know you know my hook set sucks. Its those dreaded dull hooks, you know.

I understand that it is all about time on the water to maximize the opportunity to get hooks in a fish. That is just a given. With the limited time I have to persue the sport, I want to ramp up my game and hopefully raise more fish. I seek sage words, my friend. What do you think ? You can be brutal honest, I won't be crushed for too long. After all, there are still crappie. lol And Pike, I actually do well on Pike.

That swine, young feller, you know him, he gets in the boat with you and I, he gets in the boat with me and I guide him to a spot. HE catches a fish. Chaffs my hide he steals the hit away from ME, that snake, BUT ! I am really happy to snap photographs of him during his success and I truly share in his joy. I really do, I'm just jealous, thats all.

What do you think ? Or...uhhh...is it that I just don't know what the..umm..ahhh...I just don't know what I'm doing ? Do tell.

No, you know what you are doing.

I'd say if anything just stick to what has produced throughout the years out here before trying new tactics. I'd just throw on a Ghosttail with a green blade and black hair and cast it until you catch a few and then start trying new stuff. Or, if you have a few of the old Gutch bucktails the same color try those. Too many times people read the hype on new baits and tactics when in reality they only work at certain times on certain bodies of water. Just think if every article you picked up talked about throwing cowgirls and Bulldawgs in Minnesota waters. Or if every article you picked up talked about throwing Black and Green bucktails on the Chip. It would get old after a while and nobody would read the articles anymore. Well, the truth is those tactics catch 90% of the fish. It's just that you don't want to get caught throwing the same bait as everyone else. You feel like you don't have an edge if you're casting the same bait. But.....................that bait works so just put it one and use it. Like Kevin Costner said "if you cast it they will bite"...........or something like that. I'm not sure, I wasn't paying attention to the movie.

Gotta run,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Hahahahahahha..hahahaha. You were not paying attention to the movie, 'eh ? hahahhaha I love it. "Is this Heaven ?" lol

Thanks for the advice. Keep on keepin' on. Works for me. I do think I'm going to beat cheeks and get the heck out of Chief and work the big waters a LOT more. Oh, please tell Mom and Dad and Rachael a huge THANK YOU. Made my day for sure.

See ya' this summer. Remind me when I'm penciled in thanks.

That's the other thing; Chief Lake has not been stocked in quite a few years. If I owned a resort over there I'd be really ticked off. Most lakes can't survive without stocking unless they are not harvested. I'd guess as to say that Chief Lake gets harvested more than any other section of the Chippewa Flowage because most are incidental catches. I know per catch I heard more of kept fish over in Chief than anywhere before the size limit changed. Now there's not much left as far as population for muskies there. I still fish Chief Lake from time to time because it's so different than the rest of the lake.

PS; your dates are August 1st and August 7th.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Now there's not much left as far as population for muskies there. I still fish Chief Lake from time to time because it's so different than the rest of the lake.
    I will try to keep this in mind when you start us out in Chief Lake when I come up at the end of September. I guess we can just use that time as casting practice? Just busting ya.