www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Poll: 50 inches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a tad under 48" is my largest and not on the Chip. Matter 'o fact....I've never caught a 'ski on the Chip but it's still my favorite body of water in Wisconsin!

Largest is a 48" out of the Chip. Have seen a handful of 50"+ over the years in the Chip and actually saw a world class fish back in the early 90s on the West side. Also have personally lost a 52-54 inch fish from the Chip......that i netted by myself and that was witnessed by a few boats on the same spot that somehow was able to snag the lure on the net bag and back its way out of the net......heart breaking. There was also a big fish that i lost a few summers ago on the southeast section that straightened two treble hooks. Not sure on the size of that one but was a very hefty fish.

Only 1 fish over 50" 51" from the Flowage last fall.

Big fish hate me...my largest is a 45" Tiger out of the Flowage. My wife has caught four 46" fish and a 48" (her largest), all from the Flowage. Ty guided Debbie to her first 46" fish and she took off from there. Debbie lost a very large (certainly at least 50") fish on a very famous bar a few years ago when it straightened out the hooks on her Ghosttail--it happened so fast that she did not have the time to either freespool or back off on the drag.

BD

@Jax

just read your post and had to reply: the same thing happened to me last summer (fishing alone large fish frees itself in bag and swims away). i dont think my "swimmer" was a 50 (probably 45-47") but that experience is something that will stay with me for a while. serious question--how did you react? i thought about tossing out the loud F-bomb and kicking my rod but instead decided to drop to my knees and put my forehead on the front casting deck of my boat like a praying Buddhist--for 15-20 seconds. i could almost hear the birds and squirrels around me laughing. looking back at it i can laugh at myself but when you are in the moment--it's just a terrible feeling.

that kind of stuff makes fishing fun and keeps us coming back--and people that dont have our muskie chasing disease really "don't get it".

Only one over the 50 mark for me but she came on the figure eight when it was 30 degrees on thanksgiving day so it s still a vivid memory . That is the coldest i have ever been in my life while fishing . My biggest on the chip was a 45 inch tiger several years ago,

@releaseher

Well, I literally sat there for 10 minutes and thought about what I did wrong or if there was anything I could have done differently. Actually, there wasn't much i could have done. It seriously was so heartbreaking/disappointing that i just didn't feel like fishing anymore for the night so I went in. Thing is about 4 other boats saw the whole thing so that made it sting a little more especially since 2 of the boats I knew from the resort my trailer was at and had to endure questions for a day or so. There went a chance at a possible 40 pounder.

The following summer I had an eerie experience from a huge fish that actually towed my boat a little and ended up straightening two treble hooks before freeing itself. Never saw the fish as it was close to 10:00 at night and hit a globe about 40 feet from boat. had some real power and ALOT of weight. I regularly think about that fish and about how big it could have been........will never know.

I have to add my little expierence on to this i didnt loose mine at the net but had actually netted the fish and had the hooks out of her turned around for a brief second before i went to pick her up as i turned she gave a big push into the side of the net bag and made her own door and just swam away . i sat there with i garuntee was the dumbest look on a face you can imagine as i watched her slowly paddle away . Dont know for sure but i think that one would have possibly added one more to my 50 incher list . I wont mention a net company but we i switched brands that day hah