www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Early May Fishng Report 5/4/2012

Default Early May Fishng Report 5/4/2012

Fishing has been excellent in our area. The bite on francis case is producing many fish over 20 inches. You have to go through pretty good numbers to get your limits caught, but all boats staying here are getting their fish. The bite on Sharpe has remained the same.. A very good smallmouth bite, catching a few walleyes along the way. Both lakes the fish are in 10 to 20 feet of water. Minnows have still been best, with crawlers starting to go. On Francis Case limits from boyers to the dam. On Sharpe the fish are mostly on the flats and points.

Make sure, when you are booking a guide, you get the best. Everyone can tell you a story. We do not tell the story, we live it. You will get accuarate fishing info, whether the fishing is tough or outstanding. We cover 135 miles of water to get you on the best possible bite. Our guide service has more happy customers and repeat business in the upper midwest. Just ask someone from your area. I am sure they have fished or know someone who has fished with us.

We have guides running 7 days a week. My personal busy season starts next week, where I will be running 6 to 7 days a week. I am about to head to bowl in Baton Rouge, LA so another report will probably be for about 2 weeks.

Here is my report for the week. On was out on Thursday and Friday (hopefully, writing report in office this morning, rain in area). We had an awesome day catching our limits of walleyes and smallies by noon. My group was repeat customers from Eastern South Dakota and Western Minnesota. They have fished with us for 11 staright years. Check out their pic on our facebook page.

If I survive Louisianna I will be writing another report in 2 weeks.
    I sure hope the fishing is as good when I get home as it is now.
    Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Mike, Why you killin all those Smallies?

Very good to eat also. We have been frying and pickling them. As all walleye guys know, Lake Sharpe needs some smallie reduction also to keep the Lake in Balance. Lake Sharpe's food supply is a little short after last year's hard runoff.

I will be posting a fushing report tonight after I am out or tomorrow. Fishing has been excellent. As our pics show.

Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Mike,

As an avid Sharpe Smallmouth fisherman, I can appreciate that there needs to be a reduction in the system. What bothers me, is that when GFP relaxed the restrictions, they did not offer any protection for the larger fish. I have no problem with you keeping limits of sub 16" fish, but when I see several 18+ on the stick,(or larger) it gets under my skin. If you werent getting your walleyes, maybe I could understand the shift, but it doesnt seem to be a problem getting your eyes. I can only hope that the smallmouth situation on Sharpe is being very closely watched by the powers that be..