www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: what a day...

Default what a day...

Took the boat and trailer to Kipling to put in and work on my trailer. Needed the boat off to install EzSlides, on my bunks. Speared my thumb with the screw gun installing slides. Lost my transom saver, when I don't know, just discovered it yesterday. Had to be the big one for the 125, not the cheap 9.9. Oh well still OK, thumb has almost stopped throbbing. Backed the trailer and boat down to water, brake pedal goes to floor, no brakes... Brake line broke. Ever try to back a trailer into water to load a boat with no brakes? Holy Crap! Call the wife to bring other truck to pull my baby home, now have to change receiver as hers is 1 7/8 for the utility trailer. Stuck! rust froze, hit my thumb HARD with hammer freeing rusty receiver. (yeah same thumb) I can move my thumb joint slightly today...lol.

So I'm glad all this did not take place on the 15th. And I'm in the market for a new transom saver, unless by the grace of God someone reading this may have found one in the last couple of weeks... Gladstone ramp to Masonville area...

Tight lines and brakes that work...

Ouch! Look at the bright side, it should only get better, right?
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Are you sure your not related to me? lol
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

My good friend always tells me.

" It could be worse and sure enough it got worse! "

Thanks for sharing that story. It happens to all of us!

Olla. That is what my fishin chum and i call "donkey balls". The whole day turns to donkey balls. Better days to come.

Hey XTROLL, did it look something like the one in the first picture? Is it about as long as 3 jumbo perch?

When I first read your story, I thought, "I bet it's laying in the water at the ramp." I learned that lesson the hard way a long time ago. When you back the trailer in with out removing the bracket, it falls off when the boat starts to float off the trailer. When we went fishing this afternoon, there it was shining as bright as could be. Can't believe nobody else picked it up. It'll be at the shop. Pick it up when ever you want.

FYI - the perch fishing was VERY good this afternoon. If they bite half that well this Saturday during the perch tournament, I'll be one happy fisherman!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May 2nd catch 001a.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	16286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May 2nd catch 004b.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	16287  
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Holy Smokes! 2 cool Chris... great catch, or catches! One thousand thank yous... everyone was right above, it DID get better.
    HOO Haa buying a lotto ticket in the morning.
    Just for future reference did the transom saver bite on minnows or wigglers? Again thanks.
    Mike

They run like smelt - just scoop them up with a net!
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Hey, cool end to the story! That Chris, he's alright, I don't care what Diane says about him

I hope your thumb is done throbbing now.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

At first I really liked this story, we all know how bad days can go and yet be able to look back and now it was never too bad.

Then I scroll down a bit and Chris adds that part to the story, awesome! Thanks for a smile early in the morning, and good luck on the lottery ticket!