www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Update 4-30-12

Default Fishing Update 4-30-12

WOW! WOW! is all I can say about this weekend! FINALLY Cave Run can maybe some respect after putting a whopping 61 muskies this weekend in the PMTT! Perfect timing for this tournament with these fish coming off spawn and and a nice front coming in for the weekend made some for awesome fishing! Congrats to the winners on 6 fish that was great, 2nd place team of 5 fish, and 3rd place team with 4 fish my really good friends Matt and Dave Kircher, congrats to all of you for a awesome weekend of fishing! Also a big thanks goes out to Morehead Tourism and the PMTT for bringing this awesome tournament to our area! Thanks to all the anglers for coming into the shop and spending money and going around town spending in such a tough economy! Now for the report

Water temps are 62-63 right now but that will change pretty quick if the weather stays the way it's looking. Weeds are coming on strong in a lot of spots the water is getting pretty clear. The lake level is down about 3 feet right now but all in all great shape. The next couple weeks there will be some MONSTER FISH caught no questions about it. Fish are moving from one end to the other right now. In the next couple weeks the weeds will be growing really fast so look out on the biggins! Cowgirls will rule the roost in the next couple weeks, along with rubber Medussa's are hard to beat. Good luck I will post later in the week..
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com

Justin:

I have viewed all the results I could find from the PMTT Spring event, and it was a great showing for Cave Run Lake. But, save some of those "biggins" for Shawn and I when we are down there on 5/14-5/15. We are really looking forward to fishing with you!

Dave Farley