Well hopefully we get some good weather this weekend. With some additions and subtractions we have 75 entries so far in our annual walleye tournament this Sat and Sunday. Give us a call at 1-800-435-5591 to get your entries in.

The bite, like it has been all spring, is still fantastic. I do not believe I can remember the bite going this good this time of year with no let downs. On Francis Case the bite is excellent from Boyers to the dam. Some spots you have to catch alot of fish to get your limit, but you can get them. On Sharpe the walleye bite not as good as far as numbers go, but the limits are there, with an excellent smallmouth bite also. We are mostly using bottom bouncers with a straight hook and minnow. Starting to catch fish on crawlers, also on spinners.

I was out with a couple from McCook, SD on Tuesday. Took me a little longer than the rest to get my limit. Either rust or I missed the morning bite, but I got them. Also got a limit of smallies. On Thursday I had a gentleman from Albert Lea, MN. We caught our 8 walleyes in about 90 minutes. Thanks to help from guide Brian Ward. Then went and searched for some smallies. Ended with a limit of those also. Left Chamberlain at 11:30 a.m. Back at Chamberlain at 5:00 p.m. Pretty good day.

I was with my youth bowlers over the weekend, so no fishing for me.

I am out Tuesday (morning and night), Wed, and Thurs. this week. Then get ready for the big fishing tourney this weekend.

Until next time
Mike Allen