www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Conservation Congress Results

Default Conservation Congress Results

Ty,

1st nice to see you at the show, you should have my check for Oct 21st trip by end of week. Went in mail Tuesday.

Now my question on CC meetings, which seemed confusing to me.
    Questions asked were .
    Motor trolling of 3 lines per angler (was voted down by CC)
    Motor trolling of 2 lines per angler (was voted down by CC)
    Motor trolling of 1 lines per angler (was voted down by CC)
    Allow trolling while position fishing ( Passed)
    Allow state wide trolling (Passed)

So if I read into this correctly and the DNR accepts this, Trolling will be allowed state wide with no lines in the water per angler, Hmm, is this not the same as no trolling ?? Or should it be interpreted as Trolling is allowed state wide as long as you are position fishing and wetting a sucker ??

I understand these are only questions asked, but the questions the DNR asked seem confusing, especially the way the results turned out. What is your take on these results ? Will the Counties be able to have more specific laws preventing trolling in some areas ?

I think state wide trolling is a poor choice, It is a huge assumption all waters are the same and can handle the same pressure.

I'm guessing the whole thing is to clean up the sucker fishing rule. The rule is so unclear that nobody can get a ticket but then again, everybody could get a ticket. Makes you not want to drag suckers in the fall.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

as long as the sucker rods are straight down off of the boat while running the trolling motor and position fishing on a "non-trolling lake"--we should be alright in the fall, correct? i've always thought that putting them under a bobber, planer board, etc is where it starts entering into illegal territory, dragging them 25 yards behind the boat..

somebody just agree with me so i can drop your forum "handle" to the officer as he is trying to give me a ticket--"no seriously sir, burninbigblades123 and esoxchaser24_7 both agree with me. this is totally legal dude!"

As of right now it's at the discretion of the officer. Hence the need for a rule change.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com