www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The Bobber man!

Default The Bobber man!

Had a pretty nice weekend on the water up north mostly running "The Hammer baits" which by the way run awesome, however had a run in with a guy fishing from shore who thought it would be a good idea to put a bobber on with a shiner and let it float 200 yards down stream! And he had the nerve to yell at me for driving my boat to close to his line! We all know what he was fishing for, I dont quite get what people are thinking sometimes? All and all moved a few fish Friday and one on saturday hoping the bite kicks in a little better for me, and the "Bobber Guy" disappears!

I had a similar encounter with a "Bobber Man". I was trolling Pymie and decided to head north of the causeway. As I passed under the bridge I pulled my 2 outside rods in and continued to run the middle 2 rods. Suddenly I realized we had picked up a line from a Bobber Man that was shore fishing just on the other side of the causeway. In hindsight I should have stopped, but I was on a mission and moving at about 4mph. Long story short, it became a tug-of-war and his mono didn't stand a chance against my 100lb powerpro.

Good story... I hate assholes.

A few years back my buddy and I were kayak fishing for speckled trout off the little bridge to Manteo OBX. Some guy fishing on the bridge starts yelling at me for being too close to the bridge. I'm a pretty easy going guy and I ignored him until he put on a surf weight and heaved it as hard as he could trying to hit me with it. The weight fell about 10 yards short (proving that I was far enough away), but I had enough. I yelled that I was on my way to shore to talk to him about it. By the time I made it to shore he was packed up and pulling out of the lot.

Obviously that guy had not adjusted to "island time" yet