www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: It has been awhile. My first Fishing Report of 2012. 4/16/2012

Default It has been awhile. My first Fishing Report of 2012. 4/16/2012

Well here it is, I am back for the start of the 2012 season. In case you are wondering why not many reports. I do most of the reports and really do not start fishing until my bowling center is just about closed. Must take care of winter business, before I can enjoy my summer one. I am also an avid bowler, running bowling tournaments until May. I am heading to the USBC Open the first week of May in Baton Rouge, LA. I have honestly not fished since January, which is very normal for me. (just bought my license and cleaned up my boat today). Really hard to give accurate info if I am not out.

My first guide trip of the season will be tomorrow. I will be a rookie following Garry (dad) and Curt around for awhile.

The fishing has been pretty awesome this spring. Limits everyday with not much downtime. Unreal for the spring. From info I got today, it has been good from Boyers to the Dam. Shore fishing has been terrific also. Not 100% sure about Sharpe, would assume it has been decent up there also. Mush less traffic this time of year. I am not sure where I am even going tomorrow. I think it depends on weather. Like I said I am a follow boat, so will have much more info tomorrow

Thanks for letting me be a part of your 2012 fishing season.

Check out our pics on our facebook link.

For the best info stay or stop in at the Hillside Motel.. Most of the boats staying there are getting their limits.

Will try and make reports every 10 days to 2 weeks until I start guiding full time. Around May 10th.

There are 70 entries in the Missouri River Walleye Classic. Give dad a call at 1-800-435-5591 to get your entry form.

Until Next time
    Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Hey Mike,

You heard if the walleyes have spawned yet?

The walleyes are in the spawn now. Probably on the back side of it. I would guess the spawn will be 80 - 90% done in the next 10 days.
    Mike Allen

Mike, have you heard of any places they have been catching fish on Francis Case, we are gonna be there for a few days but I haven't seen much on reports, I'm guessing all the usual spots are hitting but any additional info is much appreciated, thank you.

Crow Creek to the Dam and the Carpenter, White River area has been best. Not in town today, but would expect it would have been a little tougher with the 30 mph + wind today. 12 to 18 feet of water has been best.
    Mike Allen