Had some good days and some slow days recently fishing all the techniques discussed at my spring fishing seminar. The cold weather and frequent cold fronts have kept good days to about one or two a week and very tough if you can only fish weekends. A week ago Thursday I landed 4 at my first full day at West Branch which included a 47-inch beauty and lost what appeared to be another huskie at the boat the night before in the three hours Randy Parker was showing me around the lake. I ran to Alum Monday afternoon with the 45 mph gust and had the lake to myself and managed a 28-inch casting and 43-inch trolling while fishing the clearest water I could find. Went back to West Branch with Maurice for a day and a half on Wednesday and Thursday. Again, blue skies and NE wind shut us out the first half day but on Thursday we landed a 29.5, 30.5 and a 29-inch northern pike. Big fish were hitting some speed trolled shad lures on short lines we just couldn't make it happen and caught our fish on our usual spring techniques. West Branch is fun because you have about 10 times the options of good places to try as you do at Alum Creek Lake.