www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: July 4th trip

Default July 4th trip

I am a teacher outside of chicago, Il for a vocational school that runs year round and our summer break is only the week of July 4th. My family and i reserved a lodge in Eagle River through some old family friends. I've fished the chain quite a few times, but from what i've heard the 4th is an difficult time to be out fishing due to all of the boating traffic...understandable. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations of other lakes with quality musky fishing and less boat traffic. I am willing to fight the good fight and tough it out, but would like to have some other options just to be safe. I appreciate all the help i can get.

Is there anybody out there???

PM sent!

Chas Martin
    http://www.muskymastery.com
    Chas Martin
    Musky Mastery Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.muskymasteryguideservice.com

Not totally computer savvy but Im guessing the PM sent! means private message and was in response to my previous post. Forgive me if Im wrong in this but if you took offense to my post Chas I apologize. I previously tried to strike up conversation with the pro and had no luck. Were all here trying to beat the winter blues by reading and messaging on these professional forums. In fact I assumed this was your outlet for gaining new customers. I stop into guides choice every year multiple times and have always enjoyed talking to Ranger Rick and the guys up there. Hope to here how things are going for everybody.

Fasha/angler:

I am confused... Two handle names and now you're feeling bad and attempting to throw that back on someone else... I saw your post on the Writz-Vilas/Oneida Co and answered that because I knew you would get no response until after the season opened. That was your first post on the same day (Apr. 13) as this with the same verbatim. I am not a professional guide but answered (below) with some info on the 16th in the Vilas/Oneida... Were you able to get to Chas's PM as I bet he had some good info in it???

Mark

fasha:

just start fishing early and late in the day and spend quality family time with the fam during the rest of the day... As for other lakes in the area... I went to the MI of the Cisco Chain a couple of years ago and its not how busy it is, its the goobers (or what ever they are called on "Wicked Tuna") those that aren't courteous, etc. that are the problem... They have that "I am going to do what ever I want to do" kind of attitude and I don't care if they are from MI, IL, MN or even WI!!!

Mark

Mark

Thanks for the info! My original post on the vilas/oneida page was just a test post shortly before i realized there was actually a eagle river page. I've faced the facts that wherever i go and whatever the season there will always be those disrespectful boaters. I am going to stick to what both you and chas suggested and see what happens. I do appreciate the help.

fasha:

Good luck!!!

Mark

Well I have seen plenty of posting going on about this. There are plenty of good lakes to fish durning the 4th week. The chain will get busy after 10:00 am with the water toys but will still have a fish able window. There are some good lakes off the chain that will be plenty fish able. Muskellunge off hwy g just west of er is a good one a few years ago had a guy catch his first one off center rock bar 46 inches. Other lakes to consider that are more fishing type lakes are Kentuck, big sand, lac view, Ballard, just to name a few. If you need more email me directly.

Jason
    Jason Pertile Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.pertileguideservice.com