www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New daily limits for Walleye?

Default New daily limits for Walleye?

The new daily limit this year for Walleye on Mohawksin is 2 fish correct? Also, can you still fish for Walleye year round on Mohawksin? Thought I saw that in an earlier thread that Dave mentioned.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

Yes the limit for Walleye is 2, but from the 4th street bridge (by our shop) to Kings Dam the limit is 5 (15 inches) Trolling allowed to in this area. Mohawksin is open year round except past the Jersey trestle and the Somo trestle.

Dave
    Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
    www.fishtomahawk.com

Makes sense. Thanks Dave.

According to the DNR website those limits don't go into affect until May 5th. Current regulations would be 3 walleyes on Mohawksin until the 5th. Right?

From the DNR
    "Inland waters not listed below have a total daily bag limit of 5, unless listed in the regulation pamphlet as a special regulation water. THESE BAG LIMITS ARE EFFECTIVE FROM MAY 5, 2012 TO MARCH 3, 2013 INCLUSIVE."

81374:

I would be more inclined to believe Dave. Here's why... First he has been one of the respected bait dealers in the Tomahawk area for years. He has dealt with the changes in daily bag limits created by the ceded territory and its issues. He has probably had this conversation with local DNR officials to be sure he is telling you the correct information as well.

I would tend to believe that because that portion of the River is open it would be subject to rules of it being allowed to be fished. Other lakes in the area that are not open currently that would open on the May 5th opener would be subject to that rule.

Mark