www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Eagle River Chain

Default Eagle River Chain

Hey Guys,

I am a teacher outside of chicago, Il for a vocational school that runs year round and our summer break is only the week of July 4th. My family and i reserved a lodge in Eagle River through some old family friends. I've fished the chain quite a few times, but from what i've heard the 4th is an absolute terrible time to be out fishing due to all of the boating traffic...understandable. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations of other lakes with quality musky fishing and less boat traffic. I am willing to fight the good fight and tough it out, but would like to have some other options just to be safe. I appreciate all the help i can get.

fasha:

just start fishing early and late in the day and spend quality family time with the fam during the rest of the day... As for other lakes in the area... I went to the MI of the Cisco Chain a couple of years ago and its not how busy it is, its the goobers (or what ever they are called on "Wicked Tuna") those that aren't courteous, etc. that are the problem... They have that "I am going to do what ever I want to do" kind of attitude and I don't care if they are from MI, IL, MN or even WI!!!

Mark