www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: First impression on Tranx

Default First impression on Tranx

I received my Tranx HG 6.4 and put some 100# Power Pro and off to the River I go. Casted double 10s nice and fast but
    was a little tuff reeling and that was expected with the HG reel . I changed the Handle to a LVJ Handle that has more
    Leverage,a little longer and with the smaller knob I believe is lighter. I also did not fill spool all the way to try to slow
    this machine down. I think this changes enhanced this reel and I may remove a little more line to change the pick up
    to around 39-40 inches per revolution. This is not a magic reel and is a little heavy but I do like it. I did remove the spool
    and clean the spool shafts and used a Q tip to clean out some of the grease in the pinion gear cause Shimano really
    loads the grease in and this did help the free spool. I still like my Trinidad 12n (gold ) and would not rush off and sell it.
    I did cast a top Raider almost across the river and this reel will throw a lot of lures really well. Also I am happy that I
    Did get the HG 6.4 reel. Also if anyone has a Tn12/14 the Handle on the Tranx will bolt on and give you a little extra
    Leverage over the stock handle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TN 12 1_1.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	16128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tranx 1_1.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	16127  

Good stuff Tim.Anxious to try it but i had suspected I wouldn't be selling my Pikemaster refurbished 14N.

i got to test out my PG ("slow") version of the Tranx this weekend while fishing in Iowa, spooled all the way to the top with 100lb Cortland Masterbraid.
    it casts unbelievably far and retrieves are as smooth as silk.
    i could easily blow a Cowgirl out of the water by speeding up my normal retrieve only slightly.
    this is the easiest retrieve i have ever experienced with a double-10 bucktail, i could hardly tell it was there.
    there were no issues with the handle engaging the cast or any of the other online speculation.
    it fits comfortably in my small hands, very easy to use.

You throwing Double 10s for bullheads????

Unhappy

Hard to believe I've had no comment on the 'bullhead' thing.If not Mike,i figured Randy or Shannon or someone.Hardly worth the effort.:-(
    Better go back and get on the Illinois boys.

Been off line a couple days...didn't see the post. I put a worm/bobber on mine and take the bluegill water skiing. They line up like crazy. I heard one rock bass yelling, "weeeeeeeeeee" as it skipped along the surface. There has even been a little piggie like on the commercials sitting by the shorline where we were testing it.

It would have been funnier if it weren't true. I'd love to be out fishing bullheads right now. But, unfortunately I haven't ordered a Tranx just yet, so I probably wouldn't be able to keep the slack out of the line and so they'd all shake off.

Just for you Geoff,

Just 18 more days of fun and I'm a free man.

Free man???Doubt it,you'll always be captivated by something.
    Where you been hiding,school?

Yes, after an awfully long journey I'll get to finally walk across the stage on 5/5/12 and pack up and head back to Nebraska the week after. Here's to getting back up to Frank's and once again committing myself to the more important task of netting that first bell ringer. I vow to never miss another season on the Woods, as long as I'm upright and able.

Good on you.That's a vow worth living up to.I'll give you your graduation present on the dock at Franks.

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    You throwing Double 10s for bullheads????
    those Iowa bullheads are damned ugly brutes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-13_16-23-08_49 (640x451).jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	16179

Indeed they are.Congrats.

At first I thought what was hanging around your neck or from your designer bibs might have been some sort of propulsion 'control', but knowing you and realizing you actually thought you were in Iowa,I concluded it was in fact a defective GPS of some sort.