www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pastikas up for sale...

Default Pastikas up for sale...

The sawyer county record says that pastikas is for sale. I noticed there website is down also. Anyone hear anything?

I had noticed the issue with their website the last week or two. This would be sad news. It was always the first stop for me when I got up there for a week. They always had a great selection of baits.

Say it ain't so!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adjusted Pastikas.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	16124

I didn't know it was for sale. I knew they closed it. Hate to see that. Al tried hard to make it go.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I was just doing some internet searching and saw that Pastikas started in 1921. Wow. I didn't know it went that far back. This economy is really killing the little guys.

So does that mean that the only places left are Jenks and Hayward Bait & Tackle?

Makins,
    there is also D & B tackle, just a bit east of Jenk's on B. The owner, Betty I think, is very nice and they have a decent supply of baits, especially Sennett Tackle.

Doug

Funny you say that, I just dropped off a bunch of baits to Betty.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Stone Lake Bait and Tackle. Not much of a bait selection but he is really good about getting and holding suckers if you call a week or so in advance.

and Betty sells beer !!!!

It's a ways up A, but Happy Hooker is still there too!

I read in the Sawyer County Record that the Pasitka family holds the mortgage. They foreclosed on the current owners, so the shop ended up back in the Pasitka family. The Pastikas are now trying to sell it.

Pastika’s was closed in late March after title to the property reverted in a foreclosure action to siblings Kelly Pastika of Hayward, Leon C. (Lee) Pastika of Wausau and Kay Pope of Ross, Calif.

They are the third generation of the Pastika family to own the business, which was founded by Charles Pastika in 1921. Leon F. and Betty Pastika operated the business from 1957 to 1997.

Kelly Pastika said the building and land have been offered for sale through Woodland Developments and Realty.

“There’s been some action, but nothing has been signed yet,” she said Monday.

In 1998, Leon F. and Betty Pastika entered into a land contract with Alan and Susan Rosenquist, who operated the business from then until early this year.The Pastika siblings received title to the property following the death of their father last year. Their mother passed away in 2005.

On March 16, the siblings were granted a strict foreclosure judgment in Sawyer County Circuit Court against the Rosenquists for an amount totaling $260,524.19. According to court records, the amount included delinquent real estate taxes of $26,711.98, plus a delinquent water bill of $1,652.49 paid by the plaintiffs, plus $1,056 for insurance on the premises paid by the plaintiffs.

So Are there any takers out there that want to run a historic bait shop?

Default There's a Hole in Hayward!

I've posted a tribute to Pastikas on my blog.

http://www.profitableprose.blogspot....n-hayward.html

Enjoy.

That is sad to see. Going to be really weird when I come up next week and see nothing there. Really weird indeed.