www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lowrance HDS Upgrade

Default Lowrance HDS Upgrade

It is getting closer to that time of year to check for updates for your Lowrance units. There are several and the HDS is no exception. The new version came out in February and is the 4.1 software. It only takes a few minutes to download and 30 seconds to put the changes on the units.

No need for me to do this. I cried to them, and they swapped all my HD to Gen-2 stuff for free.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Charlatan.Mountebank.Just a couple words that come to mind.

NO WAY were you able to do that or is that the story you told Laura?

Dick,
    Need help with an interpretation here.Frankie said he'd get me 2 new HDS 'rock/n/ropes' like his at his cost.Reviewing this thread,it seems he gets em free.Thus,shouldn't I as well?
    Confused in SoDak.

I'm sure you have a plan, but as the saying goes...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dont-bite-the-hand-that-feeds-you.gif 
Views:	133 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	16257

I just returned from Franks and I did upgrade my Lowrance from 4.0 to 4.1 before I left. It downloaded fine but there was a glitch. Now that Lakemaster was sold and does not support the Lowrance products, the upgrade does not show some items on the gps. Namely all the BOUYS on LOTW. I called them when returning home and they confirmed what I found. They are sending me a copy of 4.0 to reinstall on my HDS, no download is available, and that will fix things. My other option is to use Navionics products instead of the Lakemaster. If only I could remember where all the bouys are and which side to travel on.

4.0 did the trick. Now I see all the bouy's. I do use HDS Gen1 for all my units.

I am having the same issue, i am on long point on the south side and with 4.1 the hds will not read the lakemaster chip at all, they replaced my first unit under warranty and of course the minute i received it i loaded 4.1 in it, and of course i was having the same problem, they have sent me a ups label to return this unit also but I believe reverting to 4.0 will correct the problem, my unit worked fine with 4.0 and so does my sons. So I called Lowrance this morning and they want to charge me 19.95 to send me 4.0. I can ship the unit back with the pre-paid label and they will ship it back to me loaded with 4.0 but they wont just send me 4.0 without the $19.95 charge, corporate policy run completely amuck, tried to reason with them but got nowhere, they would rather spend $50.00 in ups charges and whatever they would spend on bench costs to diagnose instead of the easy way out.

I was able to find a copy of 4.0 by checking on google. I believe that I entered wanted 4.0 operating system for a lowrance hds. I also got one from Lowrance and will keep it in a secure place in case I need it in the future.