www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Current Lake Conditions and Report-April 6

Default Current Lake Conditions and Report-April 6

Well, as expected the muskies have and are about done with spawn. This is by far the earliest I can remember. The water temps have been crazy up and down the past 2 weeks. With that huge warm up we had 2 weeks ago, the shallows were up to 73.5 degrees...this was at 6 pm and in the morning at 7:30...things have changed a bit since then but it didn't seem to mess with the spawning fish to much like years past. Shallow temps are now ranging from 59-64 degrees and main lake temps aren't to far behind with temps in the upper 50's to 60 degrees.

The fish we have been catching have been beat up males with a few females the past few days. The males are all beat up which is common for just coming off spawn but the bigger females are in great shape. Nothing huge in the boat yet, a few nice females in the 42-45.5 inch class, with a 44.5 and a 45.5 being this biggest so far this week. I have been seeing several bigger fish (46-48 inches) every day I'm out so the bigger females will be chomping down soon!

Feeding windows seem short and have been mostly around the moon phases. Moving fish isn't a problem, but it seems they are only actively feeding around the moon phases.

Good luck out there!!
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

We fished with Mike on April 3rd and I think we saw 8 Muskies that day and even though we didn't land any we had a great time. I just wanted to so thank you and hopefully we will see you in Minnesota this summer.