www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: On The Board

Default On The Board

Took a ride down to Caesar's Creek Lake yesterday to search for clearer water to cast and it payed off. I scoped it out two weeks ago with 4 hours of casting, no luck, and went back yesterday and nailed a super strong 36-incher off fallen wood casting a Rapala minnow bait. So I had a combined total of 6 hours there for my first fish but no more action with two more hours of casting before racing home between hail storms. I've only fished Alum Creek Lake for maybe less than two hours this year so far for muskies and plan to change that as soon. I've been out there but have been distracted by the incredible crappie bite during the heat wave.

Default Alum

Congrats on the fish! I really hope to get a chance to try CC sometime this year.

Short on time yesterday, I hit Alum for about three hours. I didn't raise anything casting, but did manage to lose my first muskie of the year trolling an Alleycat. The combo of wind and shallow water meant I needed to tend to the boat before fighting the fish, and it took advantage of the slack time.

Water was in 48-50 range and clarity was poor wherever I went. Despite that, I will probably try again this afternoon if I get a couple hours to open up.

Default Thanks Elmer and Rob

Thanks guys for posting reports. I feel like Thurman with the news letters, as I am not into all this social stuff like facebook which I have heard there is a lot of report chatter, so iI do check the board often for fishing updates. Much appraicated

What Ross said +1. I really appreciate the Alum reports including conditions and pool level. I try to check the board daily.