www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Menominee River

Question Menominee River

Any word on the condition of the menominee river ? I passed over it this past weekend but was anxious to get home and didnt drive to the mouth to see for myself. It looked like a few more days of thawing and it would be all opened up.

If fishing is taking place and reports ?

Thanks, TC

I work down there and today on way back north took scenic route and there was 3 boats in river by drawbridge.. the river is open almost all the way.. heard some really good reports from a couple guys at work the fish r in the river..

Launches still had ice on Sunday but you must be able to push at least some out of the way as I have seen a couple small boats out.
    Truth does not need your permission to exist.

Fortune favors the prepared mind. Loius Pasteur

The river is wide open and I counted 12 boats fishing... launches are open as well just no docks in yet..

The City installed the docks at Boom Landing on Monday.

River is open and ready to fish.

Be courtious and repectful to other fishermen, the lauches will be busy and congested in the coming weeks. Remember to pay the launch fees. The money will be used for maintenance to keep the launches open for years to come.

was out this am, got a 30" female, a 24" female, and 2 short ones. water temp was 40 deg., lots of boats, not many fish being caught, the mouth was full of ice that was floating around the bay, were a few guys out there trolling for browns... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goobys phone 027.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	15943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goobys phone 027.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	15943