www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Hayward Weather!!

Default Hayward Weather!!

Just looked at the 10 day forecast - looks like mid 60's and a couple days in the 70's. I am guessing a guy should pull his ice shack off today and put his docks in next weekend.

Very well could happen, though the dock thing might have to wait until early April... After our big snow event it appeared yesterday that the water has drained from the surface of most lakes...

Mark

Stopped up friday to see if the place was still standing and see how many "pets" were in the place. Place was still standing and there was sign of some "pets" in one room. So more poison and mouse traps. Lots of snow up there, had to shovel to get in. I am guessing that snow will protect the ice for a little while up there yet. Down here in the Portage area over half the lakes have the ice completely off and expect the rest to be open by the end of the week. River temps are creeping into the 40's and it looks like an early walleye run this year. I should be fishing now, but I bought a newish boat and had to fix the keel guard on the bottom so I am waiting for the epoxy to dry/cure. Can't wait to come up to the chip in May and actually be able to fish more than the northeast corner.

Eric, It's been really warm up here. We did get some extra ice from all that snow turning to slush and then freezing again but for the most part there is about twenty inches of ice right now. There is about six inches of slush on top of that so it makes snowmobiling a little tough on the lake. We will loose quite a bit this week but my guess is that I will be out ice fishing next week. This week will be almost impossible to get out and ice fish unless you can walk out with waders or have a mountain sled.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com