www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: creepers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Creeptonite is a good hooking bait. I've caught a couple on it. The wings are thick enough that they don't get bent up from fish.

Thanks for all the info ChipVet. I've got a couple of Wayne's bucktails also. They just have that certain somethng that the Chip muskies like. Like you said, Ghosttails also are good on the Chip.

Thanks again,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Which model of the Ghost Tail are you guys using?

It depends on where I am fishing, smaller lighter models in shallow weedy stuff, heavier models to go deeper. The twin nines are nice but sometimes the larger single blade can do the trip too. Course the twin eights are easy to throw all day on any type gears. Mind you I just fish the chip but would expect the same on any body of water. The green blades seem to produce year after year on the chip, wonder why they don't get educated to that color. Have had action on black and also white blades on occasion too.

Okay, thanks for the reply. I from Indiana and normally fish Kinkaid in Illinois and nobody uses Ghost Tails down here....except me. I throw them on occasion and usually use the series I (1 oz) or series III (2 oz) sizes. I am planning a trip to Chippewa Flowage this fall and from reading the posts here, the Ghost Tails seemed to be the favorite, so I assumed there was a particular size everyone must prefer.

I have plenty of twin 8's, 9's and 10's but in different brands....Cowgirls, Llungens and Shumways.

I Have had the best luck with a single blade 8 with a small amount of hair on it. But once it gets close to October on a normal year whatever that is; for me it usually goes with water temperature. Once it starts cooling down I have had better luck with a glide bait, jerkbair or something like the bulldawg. I have had reel good luck with the bucktail in an average Sept

I use a lot of different Ghosttail models. The new little Ghosttail is pretty awesome. I tried that one last year. They have pretty much every color and weight you can imagine to fit your needs.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com