www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess that spot

Default Guess that spot

Well its that time of year, where everybody is starting to get cabin fever. The good news its the days are getting longer and warmer.

We'll start off with an easy one,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3703_2_1.JPG 
Views:	432 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	15858  
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

Tiny:

The water's down... That's all I got!!! Looking forward to number 2.

Mark

I'll take a shot. A view looking here:
    HRG Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TFF 1.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	15868

Default Wrong end of Flowage

HRG, That's way too funny, I was going to put a picture of that spot. So do save your guess for another time, because it will come up.

Mark, you'll have to wait until someone gets this very easy one,

Default I think I have it

Hi Tiny,

Love this stuff as it means the end is near...of winter that is.

I think that is the north entrance to Rat lake looking directly south from just outside the last island on the east.

Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    Hi Tiny,

Love this stuff as it means the end is near...of winter that is.

I think that is the north entrance to Rat lake looking directly south from just outside the last island on the east.
    DonH, I think it's looking North, with the leaning tree on the right side, and the rocky shore on the left.
    HRG
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rat lake 1.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	15873

I was hoping you wouldn't show that one! That's EXACTLY where I lost that 50" musky last summer. If you disclose the actual location, it's going to get crowded there on opening day. On the other hand, I might be trying to lure folks away from where I REALLY lost that musky. But, a tried-and-true musky fisherman wouldn't do THAT, would they? Whatever you do - - do NOT use a black bucktail! He (she?) bit three of 'em right off the end of my line. You, too, might lose some black bucktails if you fish with them. Hey, maybe I should try a different knot, huh? Gotta stop, now. I'm having a tough time swallowing my Kugel while my tongue is in my cheek. MM

Default Your right....

The first spot is the camp site in Rat Lake.

Here is a cool one, the end of the day Muskie fishing with a good friend.

Your right Don, it makes the days fly by,

Name:	IMG_5771_1.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	15880  

Cool Am I finally gonna get one?

The dam is just to the left of the picture??

Hello , is this in the bay looking towards Lake Bastine , the power lines are in back of you and far left ?

Default You have good eyes

Tim, that was way too easy, but good job.

Let's mix it up and take another look at the Flowage,

Name:	IMG_5692_2_1.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	15891  

Ooops, Randy Hill gets the credit for the one by the Dam.

You and Pa are tied.

Well, that one is way too easy for me to spoil it completely, but I'll throw in bonus points and lifelong appreciation if anybody knows how it acquired such an intriguing name. To me it sounds like something from a pirate movie - am I giving away too much? Speaking of which, I was reading a story in Wired magazine yesterday about the real Captain Morgan - apparently on one occasion a pre-pillaging party got a little out of hand and his crew blew up their own ship. Fortunately, he and 10 other crew members were rescued. A little cautionary tale, for those who mix their boating with ale... He gave up the pirate life at age 39 and became a sugar cane plantation owner and Lieutenant Governor of Jamaica. And speaking of Jamaica, have you seen this week's weather forecast? I'd only be half-surprised if I'm out there perch and crappie fishing next weekend. Hope the folks along the rivers have started sandbagging!

Blue, What am I missing?

What actually is it that acquired such an intriguing name? Someting out of a pirate movie?

Default Now I Get It!

The picture is of a spot with a specific pirate type name. See, that didn't take me long to figure out! If I'm right, this spot is in the Baraboo Lake area, but I have no clue as to it's name.

Default is it the mound?

I think it may be bonnies mound? not there often.....

Hello , is it from Baraboo Lake looking towards the Island ( North / West side of Lake Basin ) . Note - One Boat Landing is to your right and in back . On the other side of the Island you are facing is another Boat Landing . Sorry , I spend most of my time in the Northern end of the Flowage and do not know the names of the landings . We have been going to Joe Millers Cottages since 1960 ( note - I was two then ! ) . If this is that area , I did catch my biggest Muskie around Baraboo . Note - I said around ... LOL . Only a fisherman says that !

Rollerblading in shorts in early March - gotta love it! Well, I don't know what happened to Tiny, but it is Bonies Mound, facing NE.

While we await his return, I dug up these old ones taken almost exactly 5 years ago. Should be pretty easy, but the snow and uncommon angle might make them interesting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6341.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	15900 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6339.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	15899

Default got the first

the first is looking into baraboo, from the houses on the hill(i bet the trees in the pic are gone from the tornado) i forget the name of the shallow bar stretching between the island and the land to the east, georges bar or something like that. the second might be behind that, or maybe looking towards springstead?

Close enough. They're both from about the same spot - the ridge on the left side of the channel coming out of Springstead Landing. First one looking north into Baraboo, second one looking back at the landing. I'll have to go back up there - I'm sure the view has improved with all the trees that blew down on that ridge.

Default Thanks Bill for filling in

Well as you all know Skywaker was correct, can't believe that Don got that one wrong (1 for 1). I usually don't check my computer on weekends, way to busy outside. Blue like the way you think, very funny.

Let's try one you know is outside your range,

Name:	IMG_5783_1.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	15910  

Tiny, that last one looks like like Dollar Island and a bit of Little Grassy Island on the left side of the picture. Cost you a beer this summer if I'm right. Keep them coming. Enjoy them as all Lake Linkers seem too. Walt

Default trude??

Is that the island on the west side of trude, looking east?

Down on the south end where Beaver Creek comes in, west side?

Tiny:

FT's got a beer coming!!! It not on Trude, so Blue has a shot as well...

Mark

Default Holy Cow

You guys had a shot at it and Blue has to jump in there and kick some butt. FT aka Walt?, you got to get off the main channel (beer for me).

The spot is facing north coming out of the Beaver Creek area, you can even see the low water bar that gets a lot of props.

Here's another one,

Name:	IMG_4794_2_1.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	15911  

Is that from Lake Bastine looking through the narrows ( North ) - after the narrows is the Pink Rock , etc. . The big Island is foward to your right , left is main land ?

Default i see fishermans

Is that fishermans way down on the left with the little island out in front? looking south east toward fishermans.

Thought I had that one right Tiny. I owe you a Point Special. I think that timk may be correct on the last one. Walt.

I'm with TimK, except for the camera position. I think you took this one off your dock or very close to it, pointing almost due north.

Default Correct answer TimK

TimK is on the money on that one. Walt, you don't scare me, I've had plenty of Point Specials. As always Blue is correct about the location of the shot (tons of pictures off the dock). With a view like that its hard not to capture some great pictures.

Are we having fun yet?

Name:	IMG_5692_2_1.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	15915  

Somebody forgot to shuffle the deck!

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

I hate reruns! LOL

Default Oh my, see what Oldtimers will do to you

Oops, sorry about that got the wrong one. Even old people can screw up (yikes). I need to retire.

Holy crap, I'm bad,

Name:	IMG_5574_1.JPG 
Views:	264 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	15923  

Default Beautiful Spot

I've never been there or seen this spot, but man is it beautiful. I need to know where this area is located. I've fished Trude lake, and the TFF from there all the way to Blair lake including Merkle lake, but never got into Town Line, Horseshoe or Bonnies Mound area.

I didn't buy a boat with a real motor until 5 or 6 years ago, so I've spent most of my life on the TFF getting from here to there with a 9.9. There is good and bad with that (I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy).

The bad - it limits you as to where you fish because making a trip is a big decision. It used to take me 45 minutes to get from our cabin in Lake Bastine to the Flats.

The good - because every trip is a decision, once you're out there you make less of them (going from the Grassy Island area to Rat lake for instance) and end up really learning some areas and what makes them tick. So less trips means I stayed in an area and worked it, and learned it.

Now with my boat, trips that took 20 minutes take 4 or 5 so I tool from here to there quite a bit. But I'm not doing anything aimlessly. I now have a ton of spots to work that I really know from all those years of being reluctant to move.

But back to the reason I'm here. Where is this spot?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast