www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Keith Wils........

Default Keith Wils........

If you want to catch some whitefish, you need to contact Keith at Walleye's Choice Lures and order up some 1/4oz. Double Trouble Jigging Lures. Keith sent me down some for me to try and they do work. Believe me. I only used two colors and they were the Pearl and the Cahrtreuse/Pearl. As you can see from the picture a good solid hook up on the pearl jig. 3/4's of our 16 whitefish today came on the 1/4oz. Double Trouble jigs. Thanks Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0185.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	15815  
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

I second that Tomjohn! Been my most productive lure too, love that white one! I am heading to the walleye derby at Munuscong bay next weekend and that green one will be on the end of my rod much of the weekend.
    Steve

Two Waxies on each end worked for me.

I will get some Tomjohn. Gotta take your advice.............the price is right!

Tomjohn, I was just curious what kind of a jigging technique you use for whites, same as walleye generally? We caught on the other day by just leaving it on the bottom after we saw it on the camera, but thought it just might've been a fluke.
    ><>Fish Forever<><

Your on the right track...Jigging and pounding the lure on the bottom Is key up here. Tap it on the bottom a few times and then give a short jerk upward. Repete this and also just vary it while jigging. Sometimes to bring them in I'll jerk it up two...three...or four feet off the bottom and let it settle back down. Stop jigging every once in awhile for just a second or two but nothing longer. I hope this help you out.

Tomjohn

Thank you, thats along the lines I was thinking but wasn't possitive. To get them to hit do you drop it to the bottom or do you jig it like you would a walleye. I've only caught one myself with a jigging rap a foot off the bottom (didn't know it was a whitey on the flasher), and I've seen my bud catch one leaving it on the bottom. I've never targeted them before and after catching one kind of got me wanting to catch some more!! All your help is greatly appriciated!
    ><>Fish Forever<><