www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2012 Leap Day Snow Storm

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default 2012 Leap Day Snow Storm

According to the Rhinelander TV station, the 2012 Leap Day Snow Storm was the 3rd largest single snow amount ever recorded in the area. We got somewhere between 16"-20" of snow on and around the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage per Shane from Midway who has been out plowing the white stuff. It was a wet heavy snow that should make for excellent snowmobile trail conditions for early March after the groomers do their thing tonight.

Come on up and enjoy the beauty of the Northwoods. It's a Winter Wonderland!

Default Actual snow fall

Hello Scott, our second home is in the town of Mercer (on Mercer lake) ...... do you or anyone else have an official reading/measurement for the total amount. I did manage to call my neighbor who estimated 18" in town, but due to blowing and drifting he said it was difficult to estimate. Since I'm stuck in Kenosha (our primary home) I would like an official measurement so I can sleep at night and dream about every single inch of snow that landed !!!! Regards, Larry F. (the frog caster)............. if this precip. trend keeps up we'll be back to full pool quickly........ I just hate when the water levels get to low.

Frog Caster:

Trust thy neighbor!!! In most cases, I have heard/measured anywhere from 14" to 23"... but have heard of amounts higher, just not sure if drifting wasn't involved in those measuring sites...

Mark

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

The official amount for Park Falls was 17" if that helps.

Sorry if my earlier post of 17' of snow scared anyone. Contrary to speculation, we really have not entered the next ice age. The official snow drop for Park Falls was 17".

It looks like Friday's snowstorm will mostly miss us (like we need more than the16"- 23" we got), but we may still get 1"-2" of new snow to brighten things up after the groomers go through making for the most beautiful trails. I only wished Kathy and I still had sleds to ride these gourgeous trails. They will be like glass!.

The TFF should fill up quite nicely this Spring.

See you on the water!
    Last edited by Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC; 03-02-2012 at 03:33 AM.