www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake arthur fishing

Default Lake arthur fishing

Wondering what ice is left on Arthur, if any.... Anyone know what bays still have skim ice on? I know there is open water looking off of 422 bridge. Have not been out 528 bridge way.......

Why are you asking about Arthur, Matt? Did that lake fool you into thinking you can catch muskies there again?

Thought for the first time out this weekend I will go there first instead of another lake. Make sure the motors are running good and no other problem with the boat or trailer. If something is wrong and I can't fish, then it is only 50 minutes to drive back home.....
    As far as the fish fooling me---- I have a new strategy for arthur this year. I will Fool them and not even fish it (as much).... Taking Jason saturday.... Ex-bass fisherman that I turned over to the good side. MUSKIES....... I will let you know how I do...

In love the conversions of the fisherman. Been trying to convert my son now for two years, no paitence, I look over and he is throwing bass baits....hehehehe

He kinda paid his dues mike. (per say) Took him up last July to chautauqua, when the bite was tough for the weekend. 4 a.m. till 1 p.m. and I talked him into staying on the water till 4 p.m. Sunday- 6 am till noon... Not a rip.... Then we headed home. Talked him into going back up with me in november, and with a little help from a friend, he got a 38".... Now he has been up my ass at work... When we going, when we going, when we going ????? He will stick it out now.
    Wife is a little different- Buy her a license when we take our family vacation up there (only her and I) and I could fish 4 rods. she lays in the bow, reading her book, I do all the weeding, driving, changing, etc. Last's 2 hours if no fish. She wants dropped off at Bemus point to shop. Then gets pissed when I pick her up later and say I boated 1,2 or 3..... Then she wants to fish again......
    I think I changed my wife over a little this past year when we got that BEAUTIFUL 49" er..... It was an awesome fish! A few out of water jumps at boatside, and she even held her for the pic.... Changing a women from shopping to Muskies.... If it happens. I am sure I will have the next best seller book........ Unless she wants to shop for a new boat. I will be all about shopping then........

Lake arthur water is 40. Water level is down 4-5 ft. No docks in yet.

Going to a different lake this weekend... Last Year I tried to start a thread about Lake Arthur and it died pretty quick..... If anyone fishes arthur and wants to keep this post going, I suggest you at least sign in an give a water temp. , or where you launched from or what you ate on the boat.. Since no one else cares, I will stop posting Arthur and keep it to myself.....

I fish Arthur quite a bit, but haven't been out recently. I'm always interested in posts about that lake. Lake Arthur is probably the best lake for a chance at a 40+lb fish in Pa. Arthur has numbers too, my boat moved more fish at Arthur than anywhere else I fished last year. It just seems that not too many people know her secrets, or if they do, they're not sharing.

So far it is me and you Pescatore. Don't need to leave all the info. on here, but would be good to write an update every now and then about Arthur...
    I see a lot of boats out there trolling, So they are either not catching anything or don't want to say if they are.... Which is fine if they don't want to mention the tactics they are using. Last Year was BUST for me. a little dink in 7 outings. Year before was a different story. Just trying to put something together about Arthur that makes sense. Thought I had it KINDA figured out, But I don't.... You can always message me ( or anyone for that matter ) and hopefully we could trade tactics and figure out this Lake.... Doesn't always have to be posted on the site. I will share my catches if I hook up this year, ... Tactics- ,,,... We will wait and see how many are interested..... Matt----

Got 2 private messages from site members about arthur that are interested... COOL.. Didn't fish Arthur today, but will be there Sunday. Going to try a later start and fish till dark... THEN- Go to my beautiful midnight shift at work.. I hate midnight, except that I finish up at 7 am friday morning and have an extra day fishing mixed in with the weekend....
    Will post water temp and lake conditions this week when I get caught up on sleep... ( Maybe what I ate also, if anyone was reading toothyfishmans post........ ) Hope they got the docks in at bear run......

Water was 60 this friday morning when I launched. Only takers was a largemouth bass on one of my lures. A ton of boats out for being a friday... Everyone must be using the sick days up to go fishing. Know of 1 other musky boat out there that was casting today. All the other boats seem to be bassin' or pan-fishin.. Nice front coming in this weekend. Maybe get the fish moving, even though it is spring....

water temp same as friday... Only spent 6 hours today trolling. 1 Catfish... Wonder if anyone catches the catfish at arthur like I do trolling?? I did not see 1 muskie boat out there today. I spent all the time east of 528 bridge. Now I know why I said that I was not going to fish arthur as much this year-- Because I am not catching F*#@&ng FISH there again... Might have to give it a break for a few weeks (Years)... Lake #2 - Here I come....

Figured I would check the Arthur post after the pens win tonight... Hell Ya !!! Just started to notice how many views this Lake arthur post has compared to others.. 668 views. That means people are interested " or " might be interested in Lake Arthur " or " are bored and want to read anything new....... Red Childress's posts are the only ones that are viewed by over a 1,000 people.. Not competing.. (did I spell competing right red? You are a school teacher). Just doing my homework.... We would like a few other guys to get into this post with us about arthur. Bottom bouncer- Have not heard from you in a while... ?????/

After checking on dictionary.com, I see that you did spell it right. Nice work!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

fish N ski,

My brother lives near Pittsburgh and fished Arthur quite a bit the first few years we got into this addiction. He basically has a "hate/hate" relationship with that lake also. lol I've fished it a few times with him but its been a couple of years since I've been over there. However, if he does break down and fish it, I'll try to post some info on here for you guys.

fish N ski,

I check the reports daily, and most often several times a day. I'm always looking to read something new. I too wish that there are more posts. All I read about is Red slaying the skies on the river. Maybe you need to get a jet for the early season and then go north when the season opens.

I fished my first two years on Arthur and never even had a rip. I had moved for work and now I have been getting into the fish on a lake out east. Anyone interested in a thread on Glendale?

Quote Originally Posted by fish N ski View Post
    water temp same as friday... Only spent 6 hours today trolling. 1 Catfish... Wonder if anyone catches the catfish at arthur like I do trolling?? I did not see 1 muskie boat out there today. I spent all the time east of 528 bridge. Now I know why I said that I was not going to fish arthur as much this year-- Because I am not catching F*#@&ng FISH there again... Might have to give it a break for a few weeks (Years)... Lake #2 - Here I come....
    Caught some cats trolling arthur with 7" baits and smaller. Arthur muskies don't care what I troll as I don't seem to catch any. Lower Allegheny good for trolling up cats, must have something to do with estrogenic chemicals.