www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: very interesting day

Default very interesting day

well, what started out as a bad day turned out ok. I attempted to drive off the Gladstone yacht harbor. I didn't make it too far. I broke through!! Back end of my minivan broke through right to the frame. Thankfully my brother had what I needed to get it out.

I walked out to pick up the tip up I set up while waiting for him. I took out one rod and one jig. I no sooner dropped it down and jigged it a few times I had one on!! Lost it in the hole!!! Dropped it back down and 15 minutes later I iced a nice 21 incher. I dropped it back down and it never reached the bottom. Landed a nice 24 inch. The jig was a rapila gold/florescent in a smaller size. 7 maybe. Here is the kicker....... I was shallow.....12-15 ft. Hope this helps someone. Good luck out there and be aware of the ice conditions. I learned the hard way today. Should have listened to my head and not my legs. LOL Damn, I am starting to sound like slammers posts from last year. LOL this is a pic of the killer jig from tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s7_111385_005_01.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	15788
    Always better than a good day at work!!

Damn, that is an interesting day!!! Hope ya didn't have any major damage to your vehicle. If it makes ya feel any better, I went through today too, off the Terrace and got some wet feet. Only 3 FOW and I didn't catch a damn thing!!! Be careful out there Jimmy! Slammer!!!